Breaking: T-Pain to headline spring WILD

Grammy-award winning artist T-Pain will headline spring WILD, Social Programming Board (SPB) announced today.

The show will feature two opening acts, singer-songwriter Elley Duhe and DJ duo Loud Luxury in Brookings Quadrangle April 26.

SPB also announced a raffle lottery that will give two winners access to an artist meet and greet.

TPain-AD6A2474 (2)Courtesy of Paradigm Talent Agency
T-Pain, best known for hit songs like “Buy U a Drank (Shawty Snappin’),” recently won the first season of the FOX reality TV show, “The Masked Singer” in February.

Duhe is best known for the song “Tie Me Down” and recently collaborated with music producer Zedd. Even with only a few songs under their belt, Loud Luxury has 500 million streams across multiple platforms and their single “Body” has gone seven times platinum in Canada.

SPB WILD Director junior Evelyn Shao wrote in a statement to Student Life that this semester’s lineup is “among one of the most exciting we’ve ever had,” because the three artists were chosen to represent a variety of music tastes.

“T-Pain is an artist that has performed well on many past WILD surveys so we are ecstatic to be bringing him this semester,” Shao wrote. “He represents not only throwback music that students will love, but also a recent comeback via the Masked Singer, and I’m confident that he will make this a very memorable and fun WILD.”

SPB president sophomore Adin Ehrlich wrote in a statement to Student Life that he was confident the student body would respond well to the lineup and to the performances.

“As always, SPB will be working hard to produce WILD, and we can not wait to bring our fellow students together on the last day of classes,” Ehrlich wrote.

This story will be updated with more information as it becomes available.