Spring styles to take you from snow to sun

Spring is finally upon us. Feeling the 40-degree weather and questioning that statement? Don’t. Just accept that spring isn’t always the bright, flowery, bird-chirping oasis we want it to be. Instead, embrace the fickleness of the season. Grab a leather jacket, boyfriend jeans, shirtdress and fun accessories so you can walk out of your dorm with confidence and style.

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 1.28.40 AM

Boyfriend Jeans

Great for guys and gals alike, boyfriend jeans give off that wonderfully deceptive “I don’t have a care in the world” vibe for those moments when midterms and extracurricular buildups have your sleep-deprived head spinning. Pair them with an elegant top to balance out the holes and tears. Or, for a fully dressed-up look, throw on a pair of strappy heels and incorporate some lace accents. Don’t forget to conceal those sleepy eyes with a pair of Instagram-worthy shades.

(Faux) Leather Jacket

The perfect cool layer for ambiguous weather, the leather jacket can top off any outfit. Use it to change a lazy day T-shirt and jeans into a chic, downtown-ready ensemble. Neutral browns and reds are perfect for transitioning into the sunnier seasons. If you’re looking to be trendy and test out the psychedelic trends this season, couple it with a fun, bright floral print. Not feeling quite that bold? Try incorporating a bright blue clutch or nail polish for a subtler take.

Shirtdress

Give off the illusion that you have your life together with a neat, prim shirtdress. Look for ones with silk or cotton compositions to ensure all-day comfort. For a modern take, button up the dress all the way and put a statement necklace beneath the collar. Use a wide belt to cinch in your waist and create a flattering silhouette. If you have a pair of hipster glasses lying around, now is the time to wear them. Complete the highbrow look with a flashy watch and your favorite book.

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 1.29.36 AM

Accessories

Sometimes, it’s the little things that leave the greatest impression. Accessories can instantly change the feeling of your look. Whether you’re in the mood to stick with classic white Converses or get wild with a pair of leopard-printed flats this spring, make your feet as stylish as the rest of your ensemble. Bright red and blue bags can pep up the most monotonous of looks and make you more eye-catching at a glance. Branch out of your comfort zone and try out some giant cat-eye sunglasses…as the flowers bloom, so should your accessory wardrobe.