20 ways to procrastinate at Wash. U.

Rachel Wilson

Even though classes have just begun, it’s never too early to start procrastinating. Whether you’re tired, uninspired or just plain bored, here’s a list of things to do when homework is the last thing on your mind.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/b25d1699b923d149c32b926c8f74a770/tumblr_inline_mq3jcuWu8V1qz4rgp.gif

1. Dry all your laundry using just a hair dryer.

2. Wear a Cubs shirt to Busch Stadium and count how many people insult you.

3. Challenge your roommate to a dance off, and then multiple rematches when you keep losing.

4. Eat the sprinkles off a doughnut, one by one.

5. Re-create a famous work of art, using only food from your care packages (if your family loves you that much).

6. Clean your room. (Just kidding, no one ever does that!)

7. Try to make your hands form all letters/symbols in Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off” video.

8. Watch the “Shake It Off” video if you haven’t already. Decide for yourself whether you love or hate it.

9. Google translate curse words in different languages.

10. Admire the gorgeous ceiling in Holmes Lounge until you can’t move your neck.

11. Buy up some Nerf guns and have an all-out war on your dorm floor. (But check with your RA first, and don’t hit anyone in the eye.)

12. Read all the Match.com on Yahoo! articles about dating do’s and don’ts, signs of cheating and partner compatibility tests, then realize you’re not even in a relationship.

13. Count the number of books in Olin Library.

14. Hang up paper lantern lights in your room (and wait an hour for all the Command hooks to set).

15. Cut a square foot of grass on the Swamp using nail clippers.

16. Make a list of 50 things better than chocolate (if you can think of any).

17. Call your mom (guaranteed for an hour or more of answering lots of simple, nosy questions).

18. Go to the theater and watch “Guardians of the Galaxy”, then watch it again, and again, because it’s the best Marvel movie ever.

19. Go cloud watching on a clear day (but don’t stare at the sun and go blind).

20. Write a “Read All Over” article.