WU offers fan bus to NCAA tournament

| Executive Editor

Washington University is offering students free transportation, lodging and tickets to the 2011 Division III NCAA Women’s Basketball Championships at Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Ill.

The No. 12 Bears face host and No. 7 Illinois Wesleyan in the second national semifinal on Friday night. Wash. U. fell to the Titans 73-68 on Nov. 20 at the Tip Off Tournament.

A $20 deposit for a space on the fan bus is due to the Office of Residential Life by noon on Wednesday. The deposit will be returned upon boarding the bus.

Students currently away from campus wishing to attend the game can also e-mail Pat Nichols, the receptionist for ResLife at [email protected] Students who reserve a space on the bus via e-mail but fail to show will have $20 charged to their student account.

The fan bus will leave from Francis Field at 12:30 p.m. on Friday and will return after either the third place game or the national championship game on Saturday, depending on whether Wash. U. wins or loses on Friday.

While the University will also fund breakfast on Saturday at the hotel, all other food purchases will be the responsibility of the student.

The Bears (24-5) face the Titans (27-4) in the second national semifinal game at 7 p.m. on Friday. No. 2 Amherst College and No. 11 Christopher Newport University square off in the first game at 5 p.m.