Sexual assault and robbery suspect arrested

| Associate Editor

Jaquese North, 18, was arrested on Saturday after attacking two women this month near the Washington University campus.

According to a statement released by the University City Police Department, North confessed to the sexual assault that occurred near Washington and Trinity Avenues on March 3 and was charged with robbery of the second degree of a female victim near Melville Avenue and Kingsbury Boulevard.

University City investigators received information on the identity of the suspect on Friday and found North on Saturday night at a park near the area of Lilac and I-270. North is currently being held at the St. Louis County Justice Center on a $100,000 cash-only bond.

On March 3, a female victim was walking home when a man pulled her into a driveway near the intersection of Trinity and Washington in University City. Displaying a knife, he attempted to force her to perform oral sodomy for him. The victim resisted her attacker and did not suffer any physical injuries.

On Friday at 7 a.m., a female member of the Washington University community who was walking home via the Greenway Centennial Overpass was grabbed by a man who demanded her money. The man displayed no weapons and fled on foot after the encounter.

More charges are expected as the investigation continues. The suspect is not affiliated with the University.