BORNS to headline 2016 WUStock concert on South 40

| Managing Editor

Pop artist BORNS will perform at WUStock in April, Congress of the South 40 announced on Monday.

CS40 revealed the name of the artist by placing large letters in the grass west of Olin Library.

Letters on the grass west of Olin Library spell out this year’s WUstock artist, BORNS. The Congress of the South 40 announced the headliner on Monday morning.

Letters on the grass west of Olin Library spell out this year’s WUStock artist, BORNS. The Congress of the South 40 announced the headliner on Monday morning.

The pop musician, also known as Garrett Borns, is best known for his single “Electric Love” and will be performing at Coachella this year.

Sophomore Adam Tarshis, CS40 Swamp Chair, said that he was excited to have BORNS, an up and coming artist, headline WUStock.

“We really got lucky in terms of being able to lock him down. One of the goals of WUStock is always to get someone before they get big…I think since his music came out pretty recently, we kind of had the opportunity to pick him up,” Tarshis said.

Other planned WUStock attractions include student musical openers, inflatables and free food. Tarshis said that CS40’s goal is to create a music festival feel on the Swamp.

Although some students had not heard of BORNS, others were excited for his performance.

Freshman Lyrie Wang, who is a fan of BORNS, particularly his song “Past Lives,” is especially looking forward to the festival-style atmosphere.

“I’m looking forward to the general vibe. I think it’ll be more chill and fun and less crazy than WILD,” Wang said.