Robbery near overpass leads to extended Campus2Home hours

Michelle Merlin and Josh Goldman | Associate Editor

The robbery of two undergraduate students on the Greenway Walkway, the path connecting the bridge over Forest Park Parkway to Melville Ave., has led the University to expand Campus2Home shuttle service hours to near sunrise.

Effective immediately, the shuttle will operate from 7 p.m. until 4:30 a.m. from the Mallinckrodt Center and Brookings Drive stops. This is the second addition to Campus2Home service in the past 48 hours, as the rape of a student south of campus early Monday morning necessitated the expansion of shuttle service to areas south of campus as well.

The robbery occurred at around 1:50 a.m. Wednesday morning, when the two victims were approached by an individual displaying a handgun. The suspect asked for the cash of each victim, and after the students surrendered the money, the suspect fled the scene. Neither student was physically harmed throughout the ordeal.

Police described the suspect as a black male in his 20s or 30s, approximately 5 feet 9 inches in height and weighing 165 pounds. At the time of the robbery, the suspect was wearing a navy blue hoodie, possibly navy blue sweat pants, and a blue/grey mask covering his nose and mouth.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact University City Police, who can be reached at (314) 505-8652. University City and Wash. U. Police will also increase joint patrols of the area.