Top 5 storylines we want to see on ‘Mad Men’ season six

| Senior Cadenza Editor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoQUrgvfhmo

The penultimate season of “Mad Men” premieres this Sunday at 8 p.m. on AMC. As always, series creator Matthew Weiner has kept his lips firmly closed on any details at all about the premiere episode, which will be a two-hour event. Since the only detail we have to speculate on is that the premiere is partially set in Hawaii, here are five things we hope happen to Don Draper and company during the sixth season of “Mad Men.”

Sally gets a boyfriend

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want Draper to have a serious boyfriend at all. She’s barely old enough, and her last attempt at something resembling a boyfriend was creepy Glen, known best for his obsession with stealing hair. I just want to see how Don Draper and Betty Francis react to their daughter growing up even more. (I don’t care how their new spouses react at all. I’m all for killing them off in a car accident or something.) I’d take more Sally Draper screen time over another storyline about Francis’s weight gain any day of the week.

Bye bye, Megan

At first I was totally a believer in the Don Draper-Megan Calvet pairing. And then Season 5 happened, with the “Zou Bisou Bisou” debacle and the multiple weird “playing house” episodes that would end in a really uncomfortable sexual encounter. Now I loathe her and want her gone. Matthew Weiner’s weird obsession with her (or the actress that plays her, Jessica Pare) has cost many of the other great characters on this show screen time—mainly the women that are much more interesting, like Joan Holloway Harris or Peggy Olson. I don’t care how she goes. Airplane accident, divorce, kidnapping—it doesn’t matter. I just know that she needs to go.

Joan wins at love for once

Although she has finally climbed the ladder from lowly secretary to partner at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce, Harris is still trapped in a loveless marriage with an abusive husband, and Roger Sterling still treats her like a plaything he can pick up and drop whenever he wants. What gives, “Mad Men”? Harris is easily one of the best women on the show and is more deserving of happiness than any of the other characters on the show, except maybe innocent baby Eugene Draper. Give her a romantic storyline without drama and emotions for once. Unless it involves her breaking a vase on someone’s head. I would like more of that as well.

Roger does more drugs

One of the best moments of the fifth season was when Sterling dropped LSD at a party with his now ex-wife Mona. The sequence was scripted and shot beautifully, with more sight gags crammed into five minutes than the rest of the show combined. “Mad Men” has always been a drama, but it does comedy better than most shows I’m supposed to find funny. Rather than give Sterling another storyline about screwing his secretary or saying racist things to a foreign company, just give him some more drugs. The show is moving toward the ’70s, after all.

Peggy takes over the world

Olson may have left SCDP, but she is definitely still on the show. After being unfairly passed over many times for her male brethren, Peggy finally seems to be getting her due at her new agency, ran by SCDP rival Ted Chaough. I won’t be satisfied, however, until she is running her own agency, possibly with Harris. It could be a powerhouse ad agency of beautiful, brilliant women who are tired of the men at SCDP who don’t appreciate them. That’s a spin-off I would watch. Make it happen, AMC.