Spooky nights at the Tivoli: Fill your Halloween week with these thrillers

| Senior Cadenza Editor

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

“The Rocky Horror Picture Show” is the longest-running midnight movie of all time. A Halloween staple, “Rocky Horror” follows the story of an average couple, Brad and Janet, as they encounter a few larger than life characters in this “late night, double feature picture show.” Two midnight showings happened this past weekend, and the remaining two will take place Oct. 25 and 26.

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane

Old Hollywood icons Bette Davis and Joan Crawford star in “Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.” Davis plays Jane Hudson, a former child star who has to take care of her sister Blanche (Crawford)—also a former child star. In this mystery for the ages, the wheelchair-bound Blanche plots revenge against her sister Jane, but Jane has other plans for Blanche. Go to the Tivoli at 4 p.m. or 7 p.m., Oct. 21 to see these scheming sisters.

Human Lost

“Human Lost” brings a different meaning to the term “spooky season.” A sci-fi anime, “Human Lost” is a dive into human consciousness that brings us to a world where people have the ability to conquer death, but only if they’re rich enough. In this think-piece, we get a clear look at what our world could become and all the frightening ideas that come with it. There will be a 7 p.m. subtitled showing Oct. 22, and an English dubbed showing 7 p.m., Oct. 23.

The Thing

A research expedition to Antarctica goes awry when a mysterious creature attacks the camp. Faced with an entity that can change its shape, the expedition has to deal with something unlike anything they’ve seen before. “The Thing” takes a look at what could be out there in the remote, undiscovered parts of the world, and what might be hiding in the dark. “The Thing” will be showing at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., Oct. 28.