Washington University winter break by the numbers

After a two-week hiatus for winter break, it was back to the hardwood for Washington University’s basketball teams, and the No. 2 women and No. 7 men spent the early days of January adding to their ongoing winning streaks. Joining them in the victory column was Wash. U.’s women’s swimming-and-diving team, with its winning performance at the WU Invitational while its male counterpart swam to a second-place finish. Here are a few of the other athletic feats you might have missed during your winter break relaxations:

58.15

Freshman Michael Lagieski’s winning time in the 100-yard breaststroke at the WU Invitational

10

event wins by the women’s swimming-and-diving team in its team victory at the WU Invitational

2

the men’s basketball team’s national ranking in assists per game (20.8)

58

total points scored by junior Matt Palucki in the men’s basketball team’s last two games

Sahil Patel | Student Life

Junior Matt Palucki pulls up for a three-pointer in the Washington University men’s basketball team’s 62-59 win over Coe College on Dec. 15, 2013. Palucki has scored 74 points in the month of January and is shooting 63.6 percent, including 54.2 percent from three-point range.

21

combined wins by the men’s and women’s basketball teams, against just three losses

650

career wins for women’s basketball head coach Nancy Fahey, making her the 30th coach in NCAA women’s basketball history to reach that milestone

27

points scored by sophomore Jordan Thompson in a win over the University of Chicago, a single-game high for a player on the women’s basketball team this year

Sahil Patel | Student Life

Sophomore guard Jordan Thompson drives to the basket in the second half of the Washington University women’s basketball team’s 83-53 victory over Fontbonne University on Dec. 10, 2013. Thompson scored 27 points in the Bears’ 87-72 win over the University of Chicago on Jan. 11 to increase her points per game average to 7.9.