Cadenza scoops W.I.L.D. lineup: Jay-Z, London Philharmonic to Headline, Barbra Streisand and Creed listed as opening acts.

Icic Pepsi-Let | Friendly Corporate Shill

Cadenza is thrilled to announce the lineup for Spring W.I.L.D. 2010, days ahead of the scheduled public announcement by Team 31 Productions. Sources confirm that Jay-Z will collaborate with the London Philharmonic Orchestra to headline and, in keeping with a history of multiple W.I.L.D. artists, Barbra Streisand and Creed will be the opening acts. One Team 31 member, speaking on the condition of anonymity, enthused, “We’re really excited about this year’s show. We think it really speaks to the diversity of students’ music tastes, and we hope to make everyone happy!”

Also-rans included Wu-Tang Clan, Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Cake and Modest Mouse. One source close to Lady Gaga, who may or may not have been Perez Hilton, noted that Team 31’s high budgetary standards would not allow for the simple, intimate setting Gaga had requested. Of the groups denied to play at W.I.L.D., perhaps Wu-Tang clan was the most upset. “We thought this was a sure thing,” pined member Ghostface Killah, “what with all the WU-themed puns that could be made.” (Cadenza is equally surprised that Team 31 chose to ignore their substantial acronym-oriented demographic.) While this has not been confirmed, several students also reported a dejected-looking Rick Astley walking down the steps of Brookings mumbling something about being given up on and how the whole process was a letdown. Nevertheless, this year’s W.I.L.D. looks like it’s shaping up to be an event to remember!