SEX politics and culture

No matter how you look at it, sex is everywhere in 2011, from the undercurrents of partisan politics to the overemphasized innuendos of your favorite pop song. Sexuality undergirds politics and culture—the transformative forces of any society. And at Wash. U., there’s no getting away from our sexuality, whether we experience it through thought, media or interaction, in the abstract context of a literature class or the concrete one of a fraternity basement.

Matt Mitgang | Student Life

KWUR 90.3 FM is Washington University’s student-run radio station, broadcasting a variety of programming 24 hours a day to the surrounding community. Here, a KWUR disc jockey models a pair of carefully selected 45s.

Matt Mitgang | Student Life

The Student Union President is the official representative of students to the University administration and greater community. Here, Morgan partakes in some creative decision making.

Lane S. Goodman | Student Life

WU-SLam is Washington University’s premier spoken word performance group. Its aim is to offer all people in the Wash. U. community a chance to tell their stories through poetry and performance. Here, members of WU-SLam listen to a performance and offer their unabashed critiques.

James Harrang and Matt Mitgang | Student Life

KWUR DJs gently finger the controls.

The Washington University Political Review (WUPR) is a bipartisan publication committed to encouraging and fostering awareness of political issues on campus through discussion and debate, both written and oral. Here, WUPR’s editors stimulate conversation about partisan politics.

The KWUR staff gets in the mood for some good vibrations.James Harrang and Matt Mitgang | Student Life

The KWUR staff gets in the mood for some good vibrations.

• Anonymous

Hot damn, KWUR is fine!