Spirit of Korea 2018: ‘LEGENDS’

Jiyoon Kang and Josh Kim | Photographers

With musical performances ranging from traditional instrumentals to those good ole 90s K-pop songs, and then to recent styles and tunes, this year’s showcase definitely gave viewers an exciting taste of Korean culture.

A group of students dance to Wondergirl’s "Tell Me." Spirit of Korea’s theme was “LEGENDS,” which featured performances based on famous K-pop artists.Jiyoon Kang | Student Life

A group of students dance to Wondergirl’s “Tell Me.” Spirit of Korea’s theme was “LEGENDS,” which featured performances based on famous K-pop artists.

KISS band’s guitarist rocks a solo during his performance for Spirit of Korea.Jiyoon Kang | Student Life

KISS band’s guitarist rocks a solo during his performance for Spirit of Korea.

Samulnori and Standing Drum perform at Spirit of Korea. This year they did a collaborative performance.Jiyoon Kang | Student Life

Samulnori and Standing Drum perform at Spirit of Korea. This year they did a collaborative performance.

Taekwondo strikes a final during to their performance at Spirit of Korea.Jiyoon Kang | Student Life

Taekwondo strikes a final during to their performance at Spirit of Korea.

Group of students dance to "Lip and Hip." They coordinated their outfits with yellow hoodies that come out in her music video.Jiyoon Kang | Student Life

Group of students dance to “Lip and Hip.” They coordinated their outfits with yellow hoodies that come out in her music video.

ZICO dances to "Okey Dokey."Jiyoon Kang | Student Life

ZICO dances to “Okey Dokey.”

A group of students dance to Shinee’s "Sherlock."Jiyoon Kang | Student Life

A group of students dance to Shinee’s “Sherlock.”

2PM performed "ADTOY" and "My House" at Spirit of Korea on Friday.Jiyoon Kang | Student Life

2PM performed “ADTOY” and “My House” at Spirit of Korea on Friday.

BoA dance group poses for their final pose of the dance. They danced to "Number One" and "Eat You Up."Jiyoon Kang | Student Life

BoA dance group poses for their final pose of the dance. They danced to “Number One” and “Eat You Up.”

Dance group "Psy" poses for their final pose for New Face. The group danced to Psy’s "New Face" and "I Luv It."Josh Kim | Student Life

Dance group “Psy” poses for their final pose for New Face. The group danced to Psy’s “New Face” and “I Luv It.”