Robbery reported blocks from Big Bend MetroLink stop

Three individuals walking from the Big Bend MetroLink station toward Forsyth Boulevard were robbed around 8:25 p.m. Sunday evening, according to a crime alert sent to students two hours later.

The Washington University Police Department was unavailable to confirm whether the victims were students, but according to the report, the three individuals were passing the intersection of Big Bend Boulevard and Maryland Avenue—halfway between Forest Part Parkway and Forsyth—when two men who had been standing by the MetroLink entrance approached them.

One of the men allegedly told the group he had a weapon, and the victims said they were instructed to put their cash on the sidewalk, after which the suspects ran back toward the Big Bend MetroLink stop.

No one was reportedly injured, but the University City Police Department is looking for two black males, about 20 years old and of average height, according to the report.

A spokesperson from the University City Police Department could not be reached for comment.

Check back at studlife.com for updates as more information becomes available.

• LC

Unfortunately, WashU students sexually assault and steal from one another. I wonder how often WashU students are victims of crimes committed by the black community members we read about in these reports versus those committed by other students. I have a feeling these crime reports do not give an accurate representation of what happens to WashU students, who can learn little more from them other than to fear St Louis and watch out for people of color.

• Radiant Sunshine

Maybe we wouldn’t need to watch out for “people of color” if they didn’t commit most of the off-campus crimes.

• Anonymous

Once again, WUSTL Crime Alerts fail to give any sort of an accurate description of the suspects. Possible gray shirt? Possible facial hair? Instead, they gave a description of almost every black male student on this campus. Do better.