BREAKING: Francis Field to be renamed Francis Olympic Stadium

Francis Field will be renamed Francis Olympic Stadium in the near future pending final approval, St. Louis Sports Commission President Frank Viverito and St. Louis Olympic Legacy Committee Chairman Michael Loynd said Thursday.

| Senior Editor

WU School of Medicine buys property near Forest Park

The Washington University School of Medicine recently purchased eight acres of property, including a large office building, in the Forest Park Southeast neighborhood at a total cost of $6.1 million.

Grace Stohr | Contributing Reporter

Overpass construction to end late October as East End Expansion continues

Construction on the new overpass will extend into the fall semester, with the structure re-opening in late October, along with construction on the East End Expansion, the majority of which is expected to be completed by spring of 2019.

Over the summer, the underground parking garage as well as several building structures were completed as a part of the East End expansion.

Kathleen White and Emma Baker | News Editors

Newman Exploration Center and Thomas Gallery open in Olin Library

An open house event allowed Washington University students, faculty and St. Louis residents to tour the recently opened Newman Tower of Collections and Exploration and the Thomas Gallery last Thursday.

Jessica Bigley | Staff Reporter

Wash. U. no longer to renovate Lee, Beaumont over summer 2018

The decision to cancel the planned renovation was made when the architect of the project discovered accessibility-related challenges with the new design.

Kathleen White | Staff Reporter

WU expands libraries, Olin Business School with large donations

Newman’s Own Foundation awarded Wash. U. Libraries a $50,000 grant to improve the accessibility of collections and digitize the University’s student publications.

East End construction remains on schedule, affects ThurtenE Carnival, commencement

This year’s ThurtenE Carnival will take place near Francis Field and Washington University’s May 2018 commencement will be in Brookings Quadrangle, with parking located off campus at The Muny.

Kathleen White | Staff Reporter

Lee and Beaumont residential halls to be renovated in summer 2018

Lee and Beaumont Residential College will be renovated in summer 2018 for the incoming class of 2022, delaying its demolition date by an estimated 10-15 years.

Emma Baker | News Editor

Burst pipe in College Hall causes flood

After a sprinkler pipe in College Hall froze and burst Jan. 16—causing a significant flood—College Hall will be closed off and under repair until at least Feb. 16.

Henry Roseman | Contributing Reporter

New technology installed in WU parking garages

All Danforth and West campus parking garages began utilizing new gate-arm technology that requires radio frequency identification parking passes for entry Monday.

Rory Mather | Contributing Reporter