Olin Library renovation plans to breathe new life into popular library

A completely new Whispers Cafe, additional entrances and an indoor glass tower are all features to be included in the Olin Library Transformation project, expected to begin in the spring of 2016.

Rubelmann Hall becomes rubble, to be rebuilt by fall 2016

After years of uncertainty, Rubelmann Hall is gone. While decades of students mourn the loss of the archetypal “traditional,” the shiny new Ruby promises more space to keep underclassmen on the South 40 and boasts a to-be-decided storefront.

| Associate Editor

Olin to see renovations completed by fall 2017

The Washington University Library System is planning a renovation of Olin Library in an effort to address the evolving needs of students, researchers and faculty.

Oldest dorm on campus scheduled to be demolished after years of delay

Since 1958, students have lived in and loved Rubelmann Hall. Now the oldest residential hall on campus is slated for demolition and replacement, beginning once students leave campus for the summer.

Deborah Spencer | Staff Reporter

New clean coal facility in Urbauer set to finish construction

In just a few months, the CCCU’s research into the controversial field of carbon sequestration—“clean coal”—will take shape in the form of the world’s first Staged Pressurized Oxy Combustion (SPOC) system, located in Urbauer Hall.

New Sam Fox building begins process of selecting architect

Plans for the largest single University construction project to date are officially under way, with the entire process scheduled to finish within four years, Dean Bruce Lindsey announced in a discussion about the new Sam Fox architecture building on Monday.

Deborah Spencer | Contributing Reporter

Endless Electronics tech store fills final space in Loop Lofts storefront

Endless Electronics, a technology repair store, will soon join the Peacock Diner and United Provisions in the final available storefront space beneath the Lofts at Washington University.

Deborah Spencer | Contributing Reporter

Wash. U. deal with Box.com will provide 50 GB of cloud storage to students, faculty

Since Jan. 21, Washington University has been offering 50 GB of cloud storage for all students and faculty through data storage company Box.com.

The Lofts LEED the way with new certification

The Lofts of Washington University, the most recent student housing project, have achieved the highest level of LEED certification and become the first campus buildings to achieve platinum status.

New Women’s Building basement to open Dec. 1

Starting Dec. 1, students will no longer have to walk to the east side of campus for a new ID as the Campus Card Service Office and other organizations will move into the newly renovated basement of the Ann W. Olin Women’s Building.