Wash. U. attempts to manage transportation needs through parking, sidewalk changes

Sustainability advocates on campus hope that changes to the Forsyth path and the accessibility of on-campus parking will promote students walking and biking rather than driving.

Katelyn Mae Petrin | Contributing Reporter

Career Fair, Dance Marathon displaced by Athletic Complex renovations

Due to the current Athletic Complex renovations, Dance Marathon and Wednesday’s Fall Career Fair are moving to the Danforth University Center and Mallinckrodt Center, respectively.

Manvitha Marni & Noa Yadidi | Student Life Reporters

Simon Hall renovations continue b-school updates, model after new Knight and Bauer

After the Olin Business School completed its construction of Knight Hall and Bauer Hall in May, the business school began renovations on Simon Hall, which up until that point had been home to Olin in all its capacities for more than two decades.

John Lu | Contributing Reporter

Lofts flooding source revealed to be roof, courtyard drainage issues

On the evening of Wednesday, Aug. 27, a large storm caused flooding in the lobby of the 6300 Enright Ave. building, one of four parts of the Lofts of Washington University, as the result of a problematic drain.

| Editor-in-Chief

Recent Women’s Building renovations leave registrar, FYC in temporary locations

New features of the Women’s Building’s bottom floor will include a more open space for the First Year Center and Office of the University Registrar, a gender-inclusive bathroom, a nursing room and better ramp access.

DVD rental kiosk to open in Bear’s Den this week

Barring further complications, students will be able to rent DVDs from a new kiosk in Bear’s Den, which is expected to open early this week.

Starbucks in Bauer Hall to open on Monday for start of classes

The full-service Starbucks in Bauer Hall will open on Monday, Aug. 25 along with the new Bauer Hall Cafe. The Starbucks will accept gift cards and Bear Bucks, but not meal points.

Ceremony preludes new AC renovation

Students, alumni and faculty gathered near the Athletic Complex Friday to celebrate the groundbreaking ceremony of the new Gary and Rachel Sumers Recreation Center, set to open in the fall of 2016.

Library expands tech rentals to laptops, iPads and more

“But my computer crashed!” will no longer be an excuse for late papers—Olin Library is now lending out laptops. On Monday, the library began another phase of its technology rental program: five MacBook Air computers, along with other new offerings such as iPhone chargers, are now available for borrowing by students.

Olin Business school classes migrate to incomplete Knight and Bauer Halls

Although Knight Hall and Bauer Hall opened their doors to their first classes on Monday, the newest additions to campus aren’t quite done yet. Even after the construction trucks leave in a number of weeks, there are parts to the building that will remain unfinished for several years, until they are needed.