New Women’s Building basement to open Dec. 1

Starting Dec. 1, students will no longer have to walk to the east side of campus for a new ID as the Campus Card Service Office and other organizations will move into the newly renovated basement of the Ann W. Olin Women’s Building.

Sam Fox School eyes new building expansion

Off-campus studios that currently house the work of several architecture graduate students may not be needed as soon as spring 2016.

Preliminary plans are in place to add an 80,000-square-foot building to the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts in place of the current parking spaces near the school.

| Associate Editor

Olin Library printers cause problems for students, staff

As anyone hoping to print a paper between classes has probably noticed, the Olin Library printer kiosks have had difficulties with network issues this semester, leading to login, payment and printing problems for University community members.

Blackout on South 40 causes student distress

Students found themselves showering in the dark and trapped in the elevator when a power outage struck campus Monday morning.

Katie Marcus | Contributing Reporter

Wash. U. attempts to manage transportation needs through parking, sidewalk changes

Sustainability advocates on campus hope that changes to the Forsyth path and the accessibility of on-campus parking will promote students walking and biking rather than driving.

Katelyn Mae Petrin | Contributing Reporter

Career Fair, Dance Marathon displaced by Athletic Complex renovations

Due to the current Athletic Complex renovations, Dance Marathon and Wednesday’s Fall Career Fair are moving to the Danforth University Center and Mallinckrodt Center, respectively.

Manvitha Marni & Noa Yadidi | Student Life Reporters

Simon Hall renovations continue b-school updates, model after new Knight and Bauer

After the Olin Business School completed its construction of Knight Hall and Bauer Hall in May, the business school began renovations on Simon Hall, which up until that point had been home to Olin in all its capacities for more than two decades.

John Lu | Contributing Reporter

Lofts flooding source revealed to be roof, courtyard drainage issues

On the evening of Wednesday, Aug. 27, a large storm caused flooding in the lobby of the 6300 Enright Ave. building, one of four parts of the Lofts of Washington University, as the result of a problematic drain.

| Editor-in-Chief

Recent Women’s Building renovations leave registrar, FYC in temporary locations

New features of the Women’s Building’s bottom floor will include a more open space for the First Year Center and Office of the University Registrar, a gender-inclusive bathroom, a nursing room and better ramp access.

DVD rental kiosk to open in Bear’s Den this week

Barring further complications, students will be able to rent DVDs from a new kiosk in Bear’s Den, which is expected to open early this week.