Starbucks in Bauer Hall to open on Monday for start of classes

The full-service Starbucks in Bauer Hall will open on Monday, Aug. 25 along with the new Bauer Hall Cafe. The Starbucks will accept gift cards and Bear Bucks, but not meal points.

Ceremony preludes new AC renovation

Students, alumni and faculty gathered near the Athletic Complex Friday to celebrate the groundbreaking ceremony of the new Gary and Rachel Sumers Recreation Center, set to open in the fall of 2016.

Library expands tech rentals to laptops, iPads and more

“But my computer crashed!” will no longer be an excuse for late papers—Olin Library is now lending out laptops. On Monday, the library began another phase of its technology rental program: five MacBook Air computers, along with other new offerings such as iPhone chargers, are now available for borrowing by students.

Olin Business school classes migrate to incomplete Knight and Bauer Halls

Although Knight Hall and Bauer Hall opened their doors to their first classes on Monday, the newest additions to campus aren’t quite done yet. Even after the construction trucks leave in a number of weeks, there are parts to the building that will remain unfinished for several years, until they are needed.

Underused Underpass space to see renewed use from WUSTL athletics

For the past few semesters, the southeast wall of the Underpass facing the South 40 has been left largely blank, but it may see renewed use by the athletics department.

John Lin | Contributing Reporter

Rubelmann Hall renovations

For the first time in 56 years, Rubelmann Hall will not be opening its doors to incoming freshmen this fall. In fact, the iconic building won’t even have doors—or walls, for that matter. According to the latest plans from the Office of Residential Life, Rubelmann, a.k.a.

University accelerates creation of Center for Diversity and Inclusion

With the Bias Report and Support System (BRSS) now in place, the Mosaic Project is looking toward the completion of a fully functioning Center for Diversity and Inclusion before 2015.

Hillel plans return to Forsyth by summer

Barring setbacks, St. Louis Hillel at Washington University hopes to have its new building on Forsyth Boulevard finished by the end of the semester.

Courtesy signs mark first step in long-term plans for shared walkways

Although the 75 biker-pedestrian courtesy signs that have dotted campus for the past two weeks will be gone before the weekend, they are only the first part of an ongoing Washington University initiative to make campus paths safer.

University announces plans to expand engineering school with Jubel Hall

Washington University has announced two new engineering buildings to extend beyond Brookings Hall, but only one has been named and neither has a set groundbreaking date. The two academic buildings will occupy the current Engineering School parking lot where ThurtenE Carnival is held each spring. The first of the two, to be named Henry A. & Elvira H.