Renovation begins on Jolley Hall

Washington University has stepped up renovations of engineering building Jolley Hall, which will lead to restricted access to the building until May 2016.

Amelia Ma | Contributing Reporter

Parking pass prices continue to rise as lots move underground

Earlier this fall, drivers across campus were hit with another parking pass price hike—and the increases aren’t expected to stop any time soon.

Jared Dauman | Contributing Reporter

Trustees approve plan for major campus expansion

The University intends to do this by adding two new academic buildings, Jubel Hall and Weil Hall, as well as green spaces, an underground parking garage and two glass buildings: a designated welcome center for admissions and a building the administration has tentatively titled “The Hub,” which is slated to feature dining spaces, showers, changing rooms and academic programming.

and | Senior Editors

Olin Library renovation plans to breathe new life into popular library

A completely new Whispers Cafe, additional entrances and an indoor glass tower are all features to be included in the Olin Library Transformation project, expected to begin in the spring of 2016.

Rubelmann Hall becomes rubble, to be rebuilt by fall 2016

After years of uncertainty, Rubelmann Hall is gone. While decades of students mourn the loss of the archetypal “traditional,” the shiny new Ruby promises more space to keep underclassmen on the South 40 and boasts a to-be-decided storefront.

| Associate Editor

Olin to see renovations completed by fall 2017

The Washington University Library System is planning a renovation of Olin Library in an effort to address the evolving needs of students, researchers and faculty.

Oldest dorm on campus scheduled to be demolished after years of delay

Since 1958, students have lived in and loved Rubelmann Hall. Now the oldest residential hall on campus is slated for demolition and replacement, beginning once students leave campus for the summer.

Deborah Spencer | Staff Reporter

New clean coal facility in Urbauer set to finish construction

In just a few months, the CCCU’s research into the controversial field of carbon sequestration—“clean coal”—will take shape in the form of the world’s first Staged Pressurized Oxy Combustion (SPOC) system, located in Urbauer Hall.

New Sam Fox building begins process of selecting architect

Plans for the largest single University construction project to date are officially under way, with the entire process scheduled to finish within four years, Dean Bruce Lindsey announced in a discussion about the new Sam Fox architecture building on Monday.

Deborah Spencer | Contributing Reporter

Endless Electronics tech store fills final space in Loop Lofts storefront

Endless Electronics, a technology repair store, will soon join the Peacock Diner and United Provisions in the final available storefront space beneath the Lofts at Washington University.

Deborah Spencer | Contributing Reporter