Bo Burnham to headline fall comedy show

| Managing Editor

Bo Burnham, comedian and musician, will perform at the fall comedy show Sept. 9, Social Programming Board announced Wednesday night.

Burnham, 25, first gained attention from the comedy community for his self-written music, which often featured satirical humor. He has since published several albums and a collection of poems along with performing stand-up comedy. His 2013 special “what.”, which he released for free on YouTube, has over 8 million views.

Junior Maansi Vatsan, SPB’s comedy director, said that Burnham was the most popular comedian “by a landslide” on the survey that SPB shared at the end of the spring semester.

“We thought that his comedy would be a really good addition to the entertainment that we bring on campus,” Vatsan said.

Vatsan said that the show was being held Sept. 9—months earlier than the 2013 and 2014 shows in November—due to the constraints of both venue availability and Burnham’s schedule. According to Vatsan, the dates that the two potential venues for the show, Graham Chapel and Edison Theatre, were available and that did not conflict with a nighttime exam were all in September or October. She added that Burnham preferred to schedule the show before the second leg of his tour, which begins at the end of September.

The show will be held in Graham Chapel, and doors will open at 7 p.m.

• Chris Park

Where do we buy tickets?