Burglary reported on 7300 block of Forsyth

Residents of an apartment on the 7300 block of Forsyth reported that a suspect entered through their kitchen window at about 6:30 a.m. Monday morning and demanded property, according to a crime advisory sent to nearby residents by the Washington University Police Department. The suspect allegedly took some electronic items and fled the area in an unknown direction; the victims were not physically injured.

University City Police say the victims were either Washington University students or employees but the report did not specify which. As of Tuesday afternoon, a spokesperson for the police department said the case was still open.

The crime was reportedly committed by a black male, age 35-40 wearing blue jeans, a light colored hat and a white hoody jacket.

WUPD Chief of Police Don Strom and University City Police Department Captain Mike Ransom could not be reached for comment Monday. The University’s Office of Public Affairs did not have additional information about whether the victims were members of the Washington University community.

If you witnessed the crime or have any more information, please email [email protected], or contact local police.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.