Op-ed: To our fellow peers

Before the individuals involved in the triggering event were seen as students of Washington University, they were seen as People of Color. No degree or red and green color scheme could protect them from the injustices that plague people like them every day.

The Diversity Affairs Council

Op-ed: A message from the WUGWU-SEIU Local 1 Organizing Committee

ver the course of a single semester, graduate workers organizing with the Washington University Graduate Workers Union (WUGWU) have won subsidized dental care, lower out-of-pocket healthcare maximums and guaranteed summer funding.

Miranda Popkey | WUGWU Organizing Committee

Op-ed: J Street U WashU to Congressman William Lacy Clay: Speak out about demolitions

As students at Washington University and leaders of the pro-Israel, pro-peace, anti-occupation organization J Street U, we strongly appreciate Congressman William Lacy Clay’s record as a longtime supporter of a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and for human rights for all people in the region.

Michael Berkowitz | Class of 2020

Op-ed: A system where you can’t win

The system is broken every step of the way, and a complete rethinking of the Title IX process and how the school supports survivors—even beyond reporting—is needed.

Maddy Yaggi | Class of 2020

Op-ed: Let’s talk about due process after Title Mine

Due process is not a code word for the patriarchy or white supremacy. It is not for wrongdoers to get away with hurting others, or a shield for the privileged.

Victor Wang | Law School Class of 2018

Op-ed: Victim of the ‘gray area’

I hope that in the future students of this University will understand that this behavior will not be tolerated, and the lackadaisical way consent is treated will change. Consent matters and consent should be explicit.

Anonymous Student

Op-ed: Graduate union wins summer pay

We will continue to watch Wash. U. to make sure it follows up on these promises and continue fighting in the future for financial stability for grad workers at Wash. U.

JB Duck-Mayr | WUGWU Organizing Committee

Op-ed: A reminder

Content warning: This article contains sensitive language regarding sexual assault and alcohol. This afternoon we will gather as a community to demand an important change from our administration. Title Mine’s demands are both incredibly needed and incredibly late. I have been facilitator for the Date for two years and spend the beginning of every school […]

Julia Zigman | Class of 2019

Op-ed: A letter from the undergraduate representatives to the board of trustees

When I first was asked to be an undergraduate student representative to the board of trustees, I was deeply humbled that my co-rep, Megan Wolf, and myself, were given the opportunity to positively affect the lives of our peers.

| Class of 2018

Op-ed: Three weeks later

While I only found out about his history afterwards, Washington University had multiple reports about this student and was aware of his violent tendencies long before my assault.

Anonymous Student