Op-ed Submission: On communication between parents and students

My suggestion to students is simple: Provide your parents with a balanced view of your realities, so that they can be confident that you are simply learning how to manage life on your own.

Rabbi Hershey Novack | Chabad Director

Op-ed submission: On last week’s shooting, and how to move forward

In the wake of last week’s shooting, I have heard a lot from students about preparedness on the part of Washington University, communication to students and staff from emergency personnel, varied reactions by professors who were in class when the safety warnings were issued and protections in place to help prevent another situation like it. Thankfully, the University acknowledges these issues and has already begun to improve on all levels.

Robert Mark Morgan | Senior Lecturer

Op-ed submission: After the shooting, a question worth asking

Mark Zaegel, campus minister, comments on the gun violence that occurred on Forsyth Boulevard earlier this year.

Mark Zaegel | Campus Minister, Catholic Student Center

Wash. U. needs to better prepare us for active shooting situations

A Washington University student argues that the University needs to better prepare students to deal with active shooting situations.

Thomas Van Horn | Class of 2018

Op-ed submission: The reasonable reality of being an adjunct

Given the controversy that ebbs and flows as the semester goes on that is adjunct faculty pay, we the College Republicans feel it would be valuable to enter into the discussion with an opposing (and we imagine not-so-popular) take on what is going on.

Wash. U. College Republicans

Op-ed Submission: Wash. U. must turn attention toward underpaid adjuncts

After years of earning negative press as “the nation’s least economically diverse top college,” Washington University has recognized that increasing socioeconomic diversity is both integral to fulfilling its mission and good for its student body.

Erik Strobl | College Writing Instructor

Op-ed submission: WU IFCMA condemns intolerance and incendiary language against Muslims

Washington University’s Interfaith Campus Ministry Association (IFCMA) is comprised of a number of faith groups on campus, congregations and organizations serving the spiritual, religious and cultural needs of our campus community.

Troy Woytek | WU IFCMA Chair

Op-ed submission: Make data mining for justice a reality

This February, a group of Washington University students issued a statement calling for the removal of Wash. U. board member Andrew Taylor, who owns a controlling interest in the Keefe Group: a company that provides a variety of services to the U.S. prison system. Their argument: that the University should not be profiting from America’s overcrowded, overpriced prison industrial complex.

Carter Williams | CEO of iSelect Fund

Op-ed submission: A condemnation of SPB’s WILD selection

I am writing this note in response to the recent announcement that All American Rejects will be the headlining act at this year’s spring WILD concert.

Matthew Coe | Class of 2018

Wash. U. Stands with JNU

Kanhaiya Kumar, the president of the Jawaharlal Nehru University Student Union (JNUSU) in New Delhi, India, was arrested on Feb. 10 on charges of sedition and criminal conspiracy. Two more students, Umar Khalid and Anirban Bhattacharya, were arrested yesterday, and five others were also charged.

Stephanie Aria & Krishna Melnattur | Class of 2016 & Staff scientist, department of neuroscience