Op-ed submission: Yes on 3 For Kids: A vote for the future

Amendment 3 is attempting to give the children of Missouri something so many children do not have, a high quality childhood education.

Zack Smith | Third-year Law Student

Op-ed Submission: How Wash. U. failed its students in hosting the debate

At the end of the day, however, I believe that the University missed a chance to turn this opportunity for publicity and self-improvement into one that could benefit the nation, and in doing so, failed to carry out its responsibilities as an institution of higher learning.

Patrick Koenig | Class of 2018

Op-ed submission: Let’s try again in 2020: College Republicans decision not to endorse Trump

We will not be endorsing Donald Trump for president.

Wash U College Republicans

Op-ed submission: The lesser-known American Muslim perspective

I was raised in a post-9/11 world, and while growing up, I rarely come across a news story that described Islam positively. This perplexed me to no end, because the “Islam” I was seeing on TV—bombs, war and fear—was inconsistent with the Islam that Sunday School taught me— peace, charity and loving your neighbors.

Amal Haque | Class of 2019

Op-ed submission: To be Black in America. To be Black at Wash. U.

To be Black in America is to consistently exist within the taunting and mundane proximity to your death at all times

Morgan Holloman | ABS Political Affairs Chair

Op-ed submission: The dilemma of the pro-life voter

Among the most conflicted is the pro-life voter: One who denounces the legalization of abortion with the same urgency that pro-choice advocates fight against restrictive abortion laws.

Marc Maguire and Luisa F. Castañeda-Cano | President and Vice President of WU Students For Life

Op-ed submission: Candidates support the new U.S.-Israel memorandum of understanding, and you should too

In this upcoming election, one of the few issues where both presidential candidates tend to agree is in their support for Israel, and for a strong U.S.-Israel relationship.

Daniel Grey | WIPAC Past President

Op-ed Submission: Why I’m marching—a call to action

The 2016 presidential election is frustrating for millions of Americans who do not see their interests represented at the ballot box. As a student exercising my right to vote in my first presidential election, I share the sentiment.

Christian Ralph | Class of 2017

Op-ed submission: A conservative solution for the deficit

The current problem with the U.S. national debt is not in the absolute amount of debt, but rather the rate at which debt is growing in relation to gross domestic product.

Wash. U. College Republicans

Dealing with debt—federal government edition

If you’ve been following this election cycle (or American politics ever), chances are that you’ve heard someone mention the national debt. It may have been in the context of a balanced budget amendment—the idea wherein Congress would not be allowed to pass a budget which contributed to the national debt—or it could have been used as an arbitrary measure of how well a president grew the economy.

Wash. U. College Democrats