Op-ed: Class of 2022 statement on peaceful protests

Whether it be through the national school walkout on March 14, protests, contacting local representatives or awareness campaigns, we encourage our fellow class of 2022 members to join us in speaking out and taking action against the heinous gun violence plaguing our country.

Class of 2022 members

Op-ed: Wash. U. must address double standards around protest

Washington University’s policy ignores black and brown students fighting against unjust systems who failed in the past and even the present to receive institutional protection.

Christian Ralph | Class of 2017

Op-ed: Trans/Queer Homelessness in St. Louis and How You Can Help

With the South 40 within minutes of campus and most apartments just walking distance away from classes, as a Washington University community we often overlook how extreme the problem of housing insecurity is in the city at large.

Pride Alliance Exec Board

Op-ed: 2017 Student Union diversity report

In an effort to be as transparent as possible with our student body, we issued a Demographic Survey, which eventually led to make up our first official Student Union Diversity Report.

Diversity Affairs Council

Op-ed: St. Louis’ ridiculous, racist and rotten Olympic legacy

The 1904 St. Louis Olympics were exploitative, dangerous, drawn-out, poorly planned and incredibly ridiculous.

| Class of 2017

Op-ed: Pro-peace: Coexistence in Israel

It’s remarkable that Israel has achieved peace with neighbors who originally vowed never to recognize it as a country, yet heartbreaking that peace negotiations with the Palestinians have repeatedly failed.

Nate Turk | Class of 2019

Op-ed: Stop demolitions, build peace with J Street U

When I first came to college, I had never heard of Susya. You likely haven’t either. Susya is a village of about 350 Palestinians living in the West Bank, specifically in the South Hebron Hills. On Feb. 1, Israel’s High Court ordered the demolition of seven structures in this village, which means over 40 of […]

Michael Berkowitz | J Street U Exec Member

Op ed: Why pregnancy-related deaths should matter to our student body

Missouri ranks 42nd out of 50 states with 28.5 pregnancy deaths per 100,000.

Anirudh Prabu and Ishaan Shah | Class of 2020

Op-ed: Proud to be feminists and pro-Israel

Angela Davis’s comments in her speech connected feminist causes with Palestinian struggles, yet the comparison was unfair to the conditions in Israel.

Kayla Steinberg and Julia Greensfelder | Class of 2020 and 2021

Op-ed: Dr. Angela Davis should be welcomed and criticized

In 1984 and in 1988, she ran as the vice presidential candidate of the United States under the banner of the Communist Party.

Luke Voyles | Class of 2018