Op-ed: Off-campus student safety is not a priority

With the recent string of armed robberies occurring near Washington University’s Danforth Campus, I started to ask myself why they were happening.

Daniel Pefley | Class of 2019

Op-ed: Apply to Senate

Brian Adler, Speaker of the Wash. U. Student Union Senate, issues a class for students to apply for five open Senate seats.

Brian Adler | Speaker of SU Senate

Op-ed: Academic expertise or coal money?

While fossil fuel companies sell polluting energy as “clean” from the halls of our universities to international forums, frontline communities must fight for their voices to be heard.

Allie Lindstrom | Fossil Free WASHU

Op-ed: Mental health

Over the past month, my colleagues have been lambasting the state of Student Health Services. I’m here to affirm that the resources offered by this school don’t fix, and can sometimes exacerbate, the problems of mental health.

Nicholas Kinberg | Class of 2020

Op-ed: Direct action as a means of change for graduate students

Our power comes from our will to take action to improve our lives, and continuing to take action is what we plan to do as the Washington University Graduate Workers Union.

Augusto Medeiros Da Rosa | 5th Year Graduate Student

The proof is in the pudding—and it’s delicious

We’ve seen a lot of discord at Washington University over the past semester, but as we enter the holiday season, I would like to lighten our spirits a bit and discuss a topic that has recently come up.

Zakary Kadish | Class of 2019

Op-ed: Tyrin Truong is a hypocrite

Tyrin Truong clearly has nothing better to do with his time than attack people over an election he’s already won.

Jada Gardner | Class of 2021

Op-ed: Student Union launches Opportunity Fund

Student Union believes that socioeconomic status should not prevent students from having a complete undergraduate experience.

Sydney Robinson | SU President

Op-ed submission: The proof is in the pudding, Mia Hamernik is no saint

[Gregg] Adams deserved to be exposed, and some may argue that he should have expected it, by posting it in a public group chat, but Hamernik exposed him for the wrong reasons.

Tyrin Truong | SU Senator

Op-ed submission: Do you dream of a better world?

To find a path to a better, more just society, we must first learn from those who have tried to build it in the past.

Jose Madero | Ph.D. Candidate