Mosaic Whispers in their own Final Four, trying to bring Andy Grammer to WU

| Senior Cadenza Editor

Wash. U.’s Mosaic Whispers are one of four finalists competing to bring musician Andy Grammer (left) to campus. If they win, Mosaic Whispers will open for Grammer. Students can vote for Mosaic Whispers on TopBlip.com or by liking them on Facebook.Courtesy of Josh Newton | Andy Grammer.com

Wash. U.’s Mosaic Whispers are one of four finalists competing to bring musician Andy Grammer (left) to campus. If they win, Mosaic Whispers will open for Grammer. Students can vote for Mosaic Whispers on TopBlip.com or by liking them on Facebook.

March Madness has been taking over our TVs for the past few weekends, but the Mosaic Whispers, Washington University’s oldest co-ed a cappella group, have been tied up with their own tournament. They are competing to sing with musician Andy Grammer and bring him to campus. The Mosaic Whispers are currently in the Final Four, so two more wins will bring them to victory.

The competition is being run by TopBlip.com, which describes itself as the “world’s entertainment radar,” whatever that means. The Mosaic Whispers heard about the competition through Andy Grammer’s Twitter account, and they decided to enter because they performed one of his songs at their annual concert, Splash of Color, the first weekend of March.

They have been successful in the competition so far.

“There was a preliminary round to figure out the brackets,” said junior Micah Herstand, member and upcoming webmaster of the Mosaic Whispers. “We placed fifth in that round, which was solely based on public votes. We have won in four straight head-to-head matchups.”

This round, the Mosaic Whispers are up against an adult, professional all-male a cappella group called Six Appeal, so the competition is fierce. If you want to bring Andy Grammer to campus, there are three ways to vote: liking the Mosaic Whispers on Facebook, tweeting about it, or voting on TopBlip. You can vote through your Facebook account on TopBlip, so that makes it easy.

“We’ve been posted everywhere on Facebook and Twitter and emailing friends and family, talking to different groups at Wash. U. and other a cappella groups,” said Herstand.

Check out the Mosaic Whispers’ video of “Fine By Me” on the TopBlip website.

Voting for the semifinals ends tonight, and if the Mosaic Whispers advance, you can vote for the finals tomorrow and Wednesday.

• micahherstand

*To clarify, you can vote in three ways: 1) Vote button, 2) Like button, 3) Tweet button – all found on the bracket page. Liking us on Facebook directly is wonderful and appreciated but won’t count toward this competition.

• micahherstand

Thanks for the article! Just wanted to clarify the best way to vote:

1) Click the login button on our bracket page: http://tinyurl.com/mwsemis
    2) Login with Facebook and accept the necessary permissions
    3) Click Vote/Like/Tweet on our bracket page (if it doesn’t redirect you, its: http://tinyurl.com/mwsemis )

Only likes below our video on the bracket page count as votes.

Thank you!!