These are the can’t-miss concerts you need to see this semester

| Music Editor

Now that the new semester has started, we can begin to start stressing about homework, papers and the ever-looming presence of midterms once again. But in the interest of self-care, give yourself something solid to look forward to this semester to see if your favorite band is coming to a stage near you.

If you skipped the Killers’ phenomenal performance at Chaifetz Arena this weekend (tragic) make sure you don’t miss out on another great act coming to town. St. Louis will host more than 400 concerts this semester. Here’s a list of some can’t-miss acts; so, you can pick out your tickets in advance:

BORNS

Where: Pageant

When: Tue, Jan. 30

Remember when BORNS came to Washington University for WUStock in 2016? No? That’s OK. The Michigan-based alternative-pop crooner has only recently started to hit it big, finding a radio hit with “Faded Heart.” With his second studio album released just a week ago, look forward to an energizing concert on one of his first tour stops.

Singer Borns performs his hits, such as “Electric Love” and “Past Lives,” at WUStock in 2016. Borns will come to Washington University for a performance at the Pageant Tuesday, Jan. 30.Holly Ravazzolo | Student Life

Singer Borns performs his hits, such as “Electric Love” and “Past Lives,” at WUStock in 2016. Borns will come to Washington University for a performance at the Pageant Tuesday, Jan. 30.

Portugal, The Man

Where: The Blue Note

When: Wed, Feb. 14

This one is a bit farther out (Columbia, MO), but some fans will travel for a chance to hear “Feel it Still” live. While the popular alternative-rock band has over eight albums out, they haven’t released anything new in almost a year. Be ready for a more mellow night with a lot of the old hits played—perfect for a Valentine’s Day concert.

Walk the Moon

Where:The Pageant

When: Thur, Feb. 22

“Shut Up and Dance” or “Anna Sun”? With a handful of radio hits coupled with a reputation for summer songs and energetic shows, Walk the Moon should be a fun night out at the Pageant. Go early to get a good spot on the floor—you’ll want room to bop with this band.

Lorde with Run the Jewels

Where: Chaifetz Arena

When: Fri, March 2

With the insanely positive critical reviews of “Melodrama,” Lorde is enjoying the fifth month of her international tour. With rap supergroup Run the Jewels hyping up fans with an extended opening set, the concert’s genre blend should be a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.

Rap group Run the Jewels performs a set at LouFest in September 2017. Other performers at the popular outdoor music festival, held inside Forest Park, included Snoop Dogg and Weezer.Jiyoon Kang | Student Life

Rap group Run the Jewels performs a set at LouFest in September 2017. Other performers at the popular outdoor music festival, held inside Forest Park, included Snoop Dogg and Weezer.

MGMT

Where: Peabody Opera House

When: Mon, March 5

After a five-year absence, MGMT is back with a new album that you can’t hear just yet. They’ve been steadily releasing singles since last October, but the whole album won’t be available until early February. With a steep ticket price to match, MGMT will need some truly dedicated fans to help fill all of the seats at Peabody.

Judah & the Lion

Where: The Pageant

When: Sat, March 24

This alt-band from Nashville, TN might not be the most well-known act hitting the Pageant this semester, but after their amazing performance at Loufest and some steadily rising singles (“Take it All Back”), Judah & the Lion might just be the act to see if you want to catch the next big thing.

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness

Where: The Pageant

When: Wed, April 11

Though this indie-pop band can’t yet headline (he’s sharing the stage with Zac Clark, Bo Oxblood and Allen Stone), they’ve developed quite a cult following around their self-titled debut album. If you’re in the niche that knows “Cecilia and the Satellite,” then this is going to be a stellar show.

Jack White

Where: Chaifetz Arena

When: Wed, April 25

While it isn’t The White Stripes, it’s the next best thing. Jack White’s third solo album, “Boarding House Reach” is going live on March 23rd, and St. Louis is one of the first spots on his tour list. White’s last solo album single won a Grammy for “Best Rock Performance;” so, I’ll go out on a limb and say the show will be worth the admission.

The Decemberists

Where: Peabody Opera House

When: Wed, April 25

With seven studio albums and one on the way in March, The Decemberists have plenty of material to bring to a live show. If you’re a fan of this indie-rock band, you’ll know that their lyrics tend to take a historical bent. What you may not know is that the band sometimes acts out the battles and folklore of their songs on stage…If you’re a fan of audience participation, go check out the Decemberists’ bizarrely fun show.

Franz Ferdinand

Where: The Pageant

When: Wed, May 2

After a five-year break, Franz Ferdinand (the band, not the Archduke) will be back with their new album “Always Ascending” in February. One of my personal favorites, this Scottish indie band has been writing great music since we were in elementary school and I doubt they are stopping now. Go catch them rocking the Pageant to celebrate the end of the semester and final exams.