Now Hear This! James Durbin

Where
Pop’s Nite Club
When
Fri. April 27, 8 p.m.
Price
$27-29.50

A little over a year ago, rocker James Durbin was working at a Dominoes in Santa Cruz, California, when he requested a few days off to go to American Idol auditions. His request was denied. Unfortunately (but luckily), he got fired a few days a few days before the audition and decided to try out. A few months later, he hit great success on the showing, placing fourth out of the hundreds of thousands who tried out.

In the eleven months since he finished his time on Idol, he’s toured with the Idol cast, produced his own rock album, “Memories of a Beautiful Disaster,” and started a tour of his own, which we will bring him just across the river tomorrow night.

Durbin got married a few months ago and has a three-year-old son, so he is finding it hard to be away from his family.

“It’s a lot easier, however, knowing that I get to kiss them goodbye and come home to a big hug.”

He will delve further into the hard rock genre he explored on American Idol, as well as perform some softer songs. Co-headlining the tour will be rock band Buckcherry.

• Bill

I hope people buy this CD. It is ralely good and its not heavy metal or heavy rock. Infact its quite nice. There are three songs I love on it and a slow one May that blew me out of the water.

• Carlie Marie

He didn’t get fired, the business closed.