A very ‘Glee’-ful return

| Cadenza TV Editor

The girls of New Directions perform in “Hell-O,” the spring premiere episode of “Glee” airing at a special time Tuesday, April 13, following “American Idol” on Fox. Pictured (L-R): Naya Rivera (back), Amber Riley, Lea Michele, Heather Morris, Dianna Agron and Jenna Ushkowitz. (Carin Baer | Fox)

Dec. 9 was a great yet terrible day for me. I saw 12 kids apparently improvise an amazing song-and-dance number to a classic Rolling Stones track, complete with harmony! I saw the humiliation of a manipulative cheerleading coach, and I saw one of the best kisses ever. This, of course, was the “Glee” episode titled “Sectionals,” and it made me very happy inside. It was terrible, however, because it was the last episode for a very long time. But finally, finally, “Glee” will be coming back tomorrow, and I am very excited.

The episode is airing on Fox at 8:28 p.m. (make sure to notice the time!), and hopefully it will be as wonderful as I am expecting it to be. There are certainly many things about the rest of the season to be excited about. But first, let me catch up the viewers who have forgotten what happened so many months ago. New Directions won sectionals! Yay! Some other good news: Will has finally decided that he and Terri should not be together, and when we last saw him, he and Emma were finally kissing. Hopefully they will last. Principal Higgins found out that Sue had leaked New Directions’ set list to rival teams, and she was suspended as Cheerios coach. Will had a pretty good day. The battle between these two will be fun.

Unfortunately, not everyone had such a good day. Finn just learned that Puck is the father of Quinn’s baby—not Finn. That is not OK. Quinn has decided to raise the baby herself. Nothing really significant happened to Rachel, but she was the key that brought New Directions its glory, and that must have made her pretty happy. Will she and Finn finally get together now that he and Quinn are through? We shall see.

Now that you are caught up, let me get to a few reasons to watch “Glee” (or start to watch it again). First of all, there are going to be amazing guest stars. Idina Menzel, star of Broadway’s “Wicked” and “Rent,” will be appearing as the coach of Vocal Adrenaline, the totally amazing glee club that we’ve seen a few times before. Jonathan Groff, former star of “Spring Awakening” (which makes her the former co-star of Lea Michele, who plays Rachel), will join the cast as a member of Vocal Adrenaline. He and Rachel might even have a little thing, and as someone who’s already seen them have sex on stage (in “Spring Awakening”—I’m not that weird!), that excites me. Kristin Chenoweth will be reprising her role as April Rhodes for at least one episode and might even share screen time with Idina, which will make us “Wicked” fans happy.

Tomorrow’s episode is called “Hell-O,” and it will feature songs that have the words “hell” or “hello” in the title. The Beatles’ “Hello Goodbye” is my favorite from the commercial clips I’ve seen. Next week’s episode is a very special Madonna-themed episode, and New Directions (especially Rachel) will be singing eight of her songs. Lady Gaga songs will show up later in the season, which has the potential to be very interesting. All in all, “Glee” just makes me gleeful, and everyone should watch it. I promise, you won’t be disappointed.