YouTube Video of the Week: ‘ATL Hoodrat aka SOULJA GIRL goes crazy on the Marta!’

There comes a time in every person’s life when we all just want to punch an old lady on a train.

OK, so maybe not all of us. But for those of us who do, there’s YouTube. The first in the Friday series of YouTube hilarity is “ATL Hoodrat aka SOULJA GIRL goes crazy on the Marta!” This sensation, with almost 4 million views among all of its variations, tells the woeful story of a woman who was down on her luck. All she wanted was for “Young Jeezy to come and ‘ssassinate George Bush, shawty!” She only wanted people to watch her as she cranked that Soulja Girl.

Victim though she’s not, it’s almost impossible not to feel bad for Nafiza Zayid as she goes completely bananas on an elderly lady on the Atlanta public transit system, known as the MARTA. A mixture of emotions overwhelms the viewer: fear at the craziness of Zayid, sadness at how mentally messed up she seems to be, anger at the violence—not just her own—shown on the train. But let’s focus on the laughter it gets from us. Zayid provides enough catchphrases for at least half a decade as she jaunts around the aisles of the bus, yelling that the old lady “thought I wouldn’t freestyle on…you…boo?” She asks for a phone and, when no one offers one, proclaims, “I no need no phone.”

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byOtxwl8iEI

After a couple of minutes of “shawtys,” Zayid approaches a passenger in a way that makes him a little peeved. As in he attacks her. She repeats that she’s “pressing charges” about 7 trillion times, and then makes her unceremonious exit from the train.

Nafiza Zayid was arrested for assault and disorderly conduct, but not before providing the lawls to a supposedly unmannered generation. The lady didn’t press charges herself, but the video is like a jarring look at relations between many different groups—old and young, male and female, “sane” and “crazy.” But it’s not to be analyzed too much; you should probably just watch, roll on the floor laughing, and chant to yourself, “Get out mah face, get out mah face, yah!”